Volcano Inn is the original environmentally
green place for resort lodging in Volcano since 1989.
WHY IS VOLCANO INN GREEN?
• Big solar hot water systems on all buildings.
• Minimum impact on the native tree forest by hand clearing for multi-story buildings with small footprints.
• Skylights and large glass windows to let in natural light, and to allow guests to enjoy the native tree forest view.
• Trees cleared for the building site were recycled into the construction of Volcano Inn.
• All invasive species, including all non-native grasses, were originally eliminated and are constantly prevented from
re-establishing themselves, allowing the Volcano native tree forest to regenerate.
• All rainwater is caught and processed on the property, all laundry is done on the premises with high spin, low water usage washers, thereby using less water, less power, and less energy for drying.
• All lighting where possible originally installed as energy saving fluorescent lighting, many, many years ago.
• All buildings originally designed for maximum efficiency, fully insulated and sealed for your comfort.
• Renewable cork and bamboo flooring in most rooms.
• We reuse or recycle everything possible.
Big solar hot water systems.
Cleared trees recycled into
the construction of rails and columns
High spin, low water usage washers.
Trees cleared for the hot tub, were
recycled for the construction of the cover.
The native Ohia Lehua tree, when growing as
close to the house as possible, gives that tree-house feel.
The Mountain Naupaka is one of the native
species encouraged to grow around Volcano.
Volcano Inn | 19-3820 Old Volcano Road, Volcano, HI 96785-0963 | (808) 967-7773
Copyright© 1989-2016, Volcano Inn, Hawaii - All Rights Reserved | ajs Design